This Privacy Statement sets out how Conor McCabe Photography Ltd. gathers and uses any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. The Statement seeks to help you understand whether and how we collect, use, process and disclose information about you when you book our services or visit our website at www.conormccabe.ie
Please take time to read the following information carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2018, the data controller is Conor McCabe Photography Ltd.
Acceptance of the Privacy Statement
By using this Site, you signify acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with or you are uncomfortable with any aspect of the Privacy Statement, you must discontinue use of the Site. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. Your continued use of any portion of the Site following notification or posting of such changes will constitute your acceptance of those changes. In the event you have any concerns about the guidelines set forth in this policy, please contact us using the contact details below.
How we collect personal data
We and our service providers may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- From you or someone acting on your behalf: We may collect the personal information you or someone acting on your behalf shares with us such as your name and contact details.
- Through Conor McCabe Photography Ltd services: We may collect personal information about you when you use our services, for example, when you sign up for or open a newsletter, click through a mail, or avail of our other services whether paid or unpaid.
- We may collect the personal information you provide to us offline.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without proper parental consent. If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information. If you are under 18 then we will need consent from your parent/guardian before you can use some of our services. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the age of 18 without parental permission, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will investigate and address the issue promptly.
The types of information we collect about you
We fully respect your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with the website, and we endeavour to guarantee to be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information we will collect and how we will use your information. Also, we only collect and use individual user details where we are legally entitled to do so. Information in relation to personal data collected by Irish entities is available on www.dataprotection.ie, the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner (“DPC”). We will handle your personal data in accordance with data protection legislation. “Data protection legislation” means the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2018, and any other applicable law or regulation relating to the processing of personal data and to privacy (including the E-Privacy Regulation 95/46/EC), as such legislation shall be amended, revised or replaced from time to time, including by operation of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) (and laws implementing or supplementing the GDPR).
When you visit and browse the Site or engage the services of Conor McCabe Photography Ltd., we may collect the following types of information about you:
Information you provide to us
In order to obtain access to certain services provided via the site and to request certain information regarding Conor McCabe Photography Ltd and the services we provide, you may be required to provide personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, telephone number or any other information which you provide to us voluntarily. You can choose not to provide this information, however, if you do not provide this information you might not be able to gain access to Conor McCabe Photography Ltd information and services. When providing a brief for an event you may be required to supply personal data about the participants of the event. We need this information so we are fully informed on what services you require from us.
Information we collect through technology
In operating our site, we may collect and process data about you when you visit the site. This may include details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communications data. For more information on how we collect such data please see our Cookies Policy. If you contact us for any reason we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To carry our verification and statistical analysis.
- To provide you with information on the various services we provide and other business-related information that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To contact you, if required, in relation to a service you request or to respond to your communication to us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and other administrative purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features in our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To supply you with goods or services that you have ordered from us.
Where we store your personal data
The personal data that we collect from you will be stored on encrypted drives in our offices. In some instances, in particular, but not limited to the online storage of data the personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers. Our list of third party suppliers is available on request by emailing email@example.com. To obtain a full description of any third party privacy policies please refer directly to their websites.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
All our gallery/data links are password protected however if you share this live link with a third party you must also take responsibility for who and how you share this data.
Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Safeguarding your Information
The security and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. As no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us and you transfer the data at your own risk. We endeavour to use the appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to secure the confidentiality of your personal data, to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing of such personal data, and to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration or unauthorised disclosure or access and to otherwise protect the security of such personal data.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our company Conor McCabe Photography Ltd.
We may disclose your personal data
- to third parties: In the event of data being sent to national or online media. We will embed your name and information within the image as instructed by you, the client. You will be asked if you agree to the release of this image when the image is being taken. Media can continue to use the image freely unless specified otherwise by you.
- Under Article 85 GDPR, we may be involved in the processing of personal data for journalistic purposes and the purpose of academic, artistic or literary expression.
- Partner Businesses who supply services to you on our behalf will be briefed with the information you supply to us when booking our services in order that they can carry out the service.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are requested to do so by insurance companies or solicitors but only upon your explicit consent.
- We will also disclose your personal data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or another valid legal process.
- We may provide non-personal data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our site. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our site, the demographic breakdown of the community users of our site, or the activities that visitors to our site engage in while on our site. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include our web site design, development and hosting contractors.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about or clients will be one of the transferred assets.
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you in accordance with Section 86 of the Data Protection Act, 2018.
Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act, 2018.
Right of erasure – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act, 2018.
Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act, 2018.
Right to portability – subject to certain restrictions, you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation where we hold it in electronic form. This right to data portability applies to: (i) personal data that we process automatically (i.e., without any human intervention) (ii) personal data provided by you; and (iii) personal data that we process based on your consent on in order to fulfil a contract.
Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Your personal data will not be processed for marketing purposes or publication on our Site, except in the instance of using video/images taken at recent events to publicise our work.
We will ask for your consent when utilising your images for the purposes of marketing our work. We may also review or ask third parties to confidentially review aggregate statistical information about our site visitors to enable us to tailor our site content to visitor interest. However, we do not sell or exchange or provide such personal data to third parties for their own use. We will inform you if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent your personal data being processed in any way outlined in this Privacy Statement by contacting us using the contact details below.